AYUSH in Meghalaya
AYUSH is an umbrella of the following system : Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
The Principles of AYUSH System of treatment target on the total well being of the person and also the community which he/she lives in. It works on all aspects of the person: the physical, mental, vital, emotional, psychic and spiritual.
AYUSH life style is a way of living by balancing and harmonizing the body, mind and emotions and this can be achieved by healthy and balanced diet, sleep, habits, and meditation. It is a Life style of right living and as such, is intended to be incorporated in daily life.
The duty of the physician is not just to treat the sick but to preserve health by teaching the community to live a healthy lifestyle (imparting knowledge of prevention and healthy habit to help during treatments).
- The AYUSH System of treatment was first introduced in the state Health Services in the year 1976 with only one Homoeopathic Dispensary in the Old Civil Hospital (Police Bazaar) Shillong, but now this system of treatment is available and collocated in all the eleven Districts of the State.
- In the year 2002 Ayurvedic system of Medicine was implemented in our State (Meghalaya) as an O.P.D at Sohra, Khlieh-shnong under East Khasi Hills District, this system has grown and is now collocated in all the District Hospitals.
With the coming up of the NRHM from 2007, there is mainstreaming of AYUSH System and it has paved way for all section of people by setting up of O.P.D centers collocated in D.Hs , C.H.Cs , P.H.Cs and Dispensaries providing their choice of treatment (Homoeopathy, Ayurveda and Yoga & Nturopathy).
Officers under the Section
Homoeopathic Physician: Dr. (Mrs). Dworlyne. K. Raswai, Cum State Nodal Officer AYUSH
State Licensing authority AYUSH: Dr.(Mrs) S.W.Pala, Ayurvedic Physician
Address: Health Complex, 2nd floor, Room No. 305, Red Hill Road, Laitumkhrah, Shillong 793003
District Nodal Officer AYUSH:
- East Khasi Hills District: Dr. Pioneer Rani.
- West Khasi Hills District: Dr. Seradelsha. Kharmawphlang.
- South West Khasi Hills District: Dr. Badashisha Nongtraw.
- East Jaintia Hills District: Dr. Melinus. Lamin.
- West Jaintia Hills District: Dr. Bonnie. Hinge.
- Ri Bhoi District: Dr. Homeborn Lanong
- East Garo Hills District: Dr. Paulson Sangma.
- West Garo Hills District: Dr. Lakshmi. A. Sangma
- South Garo Hills District: Dr.Sani Evatira. A. Sangma
- South West Garo Hills District: Dr. Lachit. Koch
AYUSH Health Services
- Homoeopathy: There are 16 (Sixteen) Regular MO and 47 (Forty Seven) contractual MO under NHM who are providing the services of Homoeopathic System in the State in the different OPD Units.
- Ayurveda: There are 10 (ten) Regular and 30 (thirty) contractual MO under NHM, who are serving in the State providing the services of Ayurvedic System in the State in the different OPD Units.
- Yoga and Naturopathy OPD: There are 2 (two) contractual Yoga and Naturopathy MO under NHM serving in the State, one in Civil Hospital Shillong, East Khasi Hills District and one in Civil Hospital Tura, West Garo Hills District.
- Standalone AYUSH Hospital: 10 Bedded Integrated AYUSH Hospital, Bhoirymbong, Ri Bhoi District. Presently it offers the services of two systems: Homoeopathy and Ayurveda.
- AYUSH-Drug Testing Laboratory, Pasteur Hills, Lawmali, Shillong: Provide Quality assurance for AYUSH Drugs.
- Board of Homoeopathic System of Medicine, Meghalaya: Registration facility and renewal of license to Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS) Doctors.
- AYUSH Centres
- Meghalaya Board of Homeopathic System of Medicines - List of Registered Medical Practitioners as on 31st September, 2016 (Part-I) (65 kb)
- Meghalaya Board of Homeopathic System of Medicines - List of Registered Medical Practitioners as on 30th September, 2016 (Part-II) (55 kb)
- Homeopathic Practitioners (115 kb)